Tuesday, October 5, 2010

sHiNiNg SpArKLiNg AnYwAyS

Eeks! It’s so weird”, one of my friends exclaimed, looking at my nail paint colours. I had alternated burn red with metallic black and had given strokes of off white on each of them. “You’re turning into Gothica!!” She was finding it hard to believe. “Yeah sweetie kinda true. But that’s not all. I have some perky and peppy shades too”. “So keep them for your Grandchildren”. She walked out in disgust and I rolled on laughing watching at her petrified face.
People do find me and my nail paint collection a bit “out of this world”, pretty literally. My so called “wacko” collection includes all the shades any normal girl can’t ever think to possess. From gothic blacks to suave whites, stylish greens to soothing blues, fiery yellows to burny reds, metallics to matts, oranges, lilacs, orchids, corals, peaches, pinks, you name it and with all my pride and utmost delight, I have it.
Collecting these “glories of my nails” has been a tough task indeed. Going on shopping with your stereotypic friends who are “way too much normal”, withstanding their strange and horrified looks when you pick a nail shade of your dreams and hearing the words like strange, sick, crazy and bizarre for you all the while would be the last thing a nice and normal girl would do. But, it’s me, an extraordinarily abnormal creature of Gods. So all this while i kept my head held high did what I felt like and here I am the proud and honoured owner of the world’s strangest nail paint collection.
I am not being judgemental and it’s not that I hate the typical shades of nail paints but they definitely do not catch my fancies. These subtle colours would not make any one look “out of the crowd” and mine can be seen from a km or two.
A guy friend of mine once mentioned that my nail paints were one of the reasons that made him curiously anxious to know more about me. I liked that. “It’s not your appearance but inner beauty that makes people to fall for you”. True. But if spicing up your appearance a bit, attracts others to know the real you, I guess it is a profitable deal.
So what’s your take? :)
-Sincerely yours,
Moulshree kulkarni...

2 comments:

  1. “It’s not your appearance but inner beauty that makes people to fall for you”. True. But if spicing up your appearance a bit, attracts others to know the real you....... Well said moulshree!!
    kudos to you!! As far as my views are concerned, inner beauty matters but spicing up ur outer charms don't hurt either.. ;) i understand you very well. Even my collection of nail paints catches my friends and others offguard!! And yes,nice blog, very well written!! i'll be waiting for the next one..:)

    Priyanka Sachan

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks priaynka for ur candid comments..i will soon be back with something new and different again..

    ReplyDelete